The guidelines I follow for publishing anything are:
- It’s publicly available info (i.e., I never publish anything people can’t find on the Net by themselves.)
- It’s useful to me (now and in the near future) as reference.
- It has some bearing on my work, hobbies (which tend to be work-related) or the broad areas of tech I happen to be involved in.
- It’s not directly related to work – I never post anything directly related to ongoing work, projects, customers or suppliers, except if it’s public domain (like launches of stuff I’ve worked on). Those I like to link to for historical purposes.
- Photos are often published three to six months after they are taken (esp. devices and on-site photos), to avoid providing hints as to what I’m involved in.
In case the above does not make it sufficiently clear to you, my views do not reflect that of my past, present, or future employers – i.e., what I post is my opinion. This is, after all, my web site.