- yum install kernel-smp-devel fixes 99.9% of your issues
- Petr's patches are likely to fix the rest.
Ubuntu Browser Appliance Notes:
- If Synaptic doesn't work for you, check its proxy settings (mine were set to use proxy.vmware.com...)
- The Cisco VPN Client works through a NAT interface.
- Always install both a bridged and a NAT interface if you have Wi-Fi on the host machine (Wi-Fi cannot be bridged).
- Full-screen and resizable desktop support can be obtained by installing the Workstation tools.
- The VMware Workstation tools install and run inside the guest OS, to the point of being able to shrink image files (just extract the ISOs from the Linux trial).
- CD-ROM device designators: cdrom-image, cdrom-raw, atapi-cdrom
- Known Guest OS designators: ubuntu, winxppro, winxphome
- Known Ethernet Interface designators: nat, bridged, hostonly
Sample (test) configuration for adding an extra interface (the higher-performance virtual hardware for vmxnet might not be picked up by your OS, though):
ethernet1.present="TRUE" ethernet1.connectionType ="nat" ethernet1.virtualDev = vmxnet ethernet1.vnet = "vmnet8"