This is an abridged list of the non-work things I accomplished during the week.
Martin Luther King Day in the US. Reasonably slow day, able to go out for lunch for a change.
- Tidied up office again before work.
- Realized my Intel KVM host was running out of disk space, moved inactive images to my NAS and bumped up priority for replacing/upgrading it.
- Investigated and filed #424.
- Walked 5Km uphill returning from lunch break.
- Listened to two more episodes of Oxide and Friends (yes, I have a very long backlog).
- Rewrote most of my RSS-to-Mastodon poster as a plain
- Did some minor fixes to Piku HTTP header mappings.
Spent most of the day trying to catch up with various things and poking at GitHub during breaks, then attending to some personal stuff.
- Fixed up some of my Azure boilerplate scripts to accommodate the newest fads.
- Reviewed some issues I filed, accepted a few pull requests on personal projects.
- Updated some of my
cloud-initbootstrapping scripts, including the Piku ones.
- Started to put together a minimalist application metrics server.
- Spent a while doing some research.
Pretty lousy day due to the news of Microsoft layoffs.
- Paid bills.
- Spent 20m kicking off
dnfupgrades across a few machines.
preactbundle myself. Seriously, why is this ecosystem so broken?
- Decided to take a break away from computers and the news for the evening.
Woke up unusually early due to a commotion in the building, got an extra hour to read morning news (which was not an improvement).
- Set up the new Pythonista beta on my iPad Pro, since I’m planning to replace some of my shortcuts with it.
- Got an HDMI-to-CSI bridge in the post and set up a Pi Zero W with a legacy PIKVM image over lunchtime–this way I can at least check my KVM host console. The Zero W, despite slow and not officially supported anymore, can run off a single unmodified USB cable for power, which is a big advantage.
- Ordered a second HDMI-to-CSI bridge from AliExpress (I will be repurposing another Zero W in a few months).
- Started sketching out a case for the above.
- Wrote a little backend for my Preact app.
Some unexpected personal stuff to attend to. In between that and news of the Google layoffs, nothing much got done outside of work.
Pretty productive day, all things considered.
- Personal inbox zero (or close enough).
- Updated my CV and portfolio (you never know).
- Stumbled upon the zero to main() series of posts about bootstrapping an MCU, which made for quite nice reading.
- Did some vacuuming.
- Poked at a couple more 3D models in OpenSCAD.
- Did a draft print of an enclosure for the PiKVM on the KP3S Pro.
- Finally watched The Matrix Resurrections. Was most emphatically not impressed.
- Reviewed and polished some pending drafts.
Couch potato day.