My editor of choice, simply due to the fact that I find it extremely efficient (and readily available everyhwere).
For newbies, taken from this graphical vi-vim Cheat Sheet and Tutorial:
The full sheet is here.
- History and effective use of vim, a great write-up
- Vim Touch, an Android app
- The pastie theme, converted from TextMate
- MacVim for Mac OS X (I don’t normally use it, since you pick up all sorts of nasty menu habits that won’t help you one whit when you’re working remotely). However, there is a great fork that sports a keyboard-aware file browser, and it’s kind of growing on me.
- snipMate, a plugin offering Textmate-like snippet support
- vimperator, a Firefox extension that makes it look and behave like vim.
- Syntax highlighting file for Dreamweaver templates (not much useful these days, but kept for reference).
- Efficient Editing with vim
- Seven Habits Of Effective Text Editing
- Keyword Completion
- The vim Outliner
- Vigor, the Office paperclip forvi
export MANPAGER="col -b | view -c 'set ft=man nomod nolist' -"
Also of note is
vimdiff, which everyone keeps forgetting about.