It’s becoming somewhat depressing to think about all the neat stuff some companies left by the roadside in their inability to deliver. Take the following examples:
- BeOS (Acquired by Palm in 2001, currently a zombie1)
- The Foleo (Cancelled by Palm in 2004, before it was even launched)
- webOS (Acquired by HP in 2010, killed this week)
- Maemo (Ditched by Nokia in February this year after prolonged disease, survived by Meego to practically nil effect)
- The Playbook, which is effectively dead in the water right now.