After a morning PowerPointing a few issues to exaustion, a hurried lunch and a long session that was capped by a friendly gathering, I've been able to sort out only a few tidbits from the usual chaff:
- The RIAA's worst fear, brought to life: tunA, or P2P music streaming between PDAs.
- Brighthand had dinner with Sony, and raises the issue of Sony ending up competing with SonyEricsson in the smartphone field by adding a GSM/GPRS module to its (still hideously overpriced) PEG-UX50.
- Cultural Differences in cameraphone use.
- Samsung ramped up production for 2-inch (my guess is 320x240) displays. Expect them to show up in new cellphones any day now.
- Orange restructures. I really have to follow up on this one to figure out why.
- So Push-To-Talk isn't as magic as everyone thought. Duh. Took them long enough...