Flickr is the new trendy way to share your photos online, and I have been thinking of moving my photo album there for a while.
Nevertheless, the prospect of re-tagging and uploading nearly two thousand photos is a bit daunting (as is the fact that my photos would be subject to the site's whims - an issue compounded by their recent acquisition by Yahoo!), so I'm constantly skirting the issue while keeping track of neat things done with its XML APIs.
- Flickr Backup - a Java application to back up your Flickr account.
- Flickr.rb - a Ruby module for the Flickr API
- Just about anything you might need to use Flickr, on any platform, or from any programming language.
- An iPhoto export plugin, if you're so inclined.
- Related Tag Browser - a Flash front-end that lets you interactively browse Flickr. A must on fullscreen.
- 1001, a desktop client to upload photos and track photostreams.
- A Quicktime viewer that uses the internal XML handling.
- Lickr, a Greasemonkey script that replaces the Flickr interface with a DHTML one.