Looks like I may need to revisit my "Why Blogging Doesn't Matter" piece soon, since my commentary on the eBay/Skype deal got quoted by Paulo Querido in Expresso (the nation's largest weekly newspaper).
Having been SMSed to death about it during my very first day on vacation, I am now dreading to open Mail.app (which, in itself, is not new, given its recent propensity for hanging when deleting .Mac mail).
- "Public acknowledgment, at last - when's the talk show?"
- "Man, he quoted your piece? You realize people are going to make fun of you for years, right?"
- "Wow, what a downer, man. Your average readership has to be going to the dogs right now."
- "Now you're never going to get that promotion."
- "Ha, that's nothing: seen this? Now that's embarassing." (from someone who is also listed on that page, which names a lot of people I worked with)
- "Notice any AdSense bumps? Like, enough to buy me coffee when you get back?"
Guess that pretty much sums up human nature.
Mind you, I am still wondering if this is good myself, but then again, I'm tired, still a bit sick and completely fed up with the world at large and just want to get some rest.
Photos and more ranting will be posted later.