Since I have brought a significant amount of printed dead tree material to review over the weekend, I'll just fire off a few links and get on with the process of resting enough to be able to read through 500-odd pages tomorrow:
- Russell got a Mac - maybe now he'll add me to his blogroll ;). Other would-be Switchers are urged to read this.
- Davi has amassed a number of Portuguese streaming resources, has (finally ;)) been reading up on usability and published a few interesting notes on HTTP Proxy Tunnelling. Watch as the Incredible Houdini escapes yet another network...
- Melo has a new Ambrosio out (boy, this is sure a wierd sentence to type...). It's making me want to look into SIP-based IM again.
- The HipTop seems to have resurfaced 1, 2, but the question remains - is it that good? Since it's reportedly going to be manufactured by Sharp, it's going to be interesting seeing where it ends up...
- I really can't get excited about this anymore, but it's going to be interesting to read the review in a couple of days.
- Microsoft is going to push SPF bigtime, by deploying it for Hotmail. Of course, there is something ironic about the biggest spam repository in the planet doing this, but hey, it's a definite step forward (and yes, I should get around to creating SPF records for my own use...).
- GIF support has returned to the GD library, right after the ludicrous Unisys patent expired. In a world of mobile devices, it's nice to have a tried and tested option again - and one less thing to toggle the zealot bit in some folk.