Nevertheless, it is a bad idea with a few elegant workarounds (the best of which is still not using it in the first place).
- Python bindings for libwbxml.
- XML Watch: WBXML and basic SyncML server requirements - short article, but to the point and with links to several other useful resources.
- libwbxml - GPL, but has recently announced commercial sponsoring.
- Sybyx - a C++-based streaming parser
- kXML - a Java XML toolkit for embedded devices with WBXML support.
- Ethereal has a dissector for it, so you can trace requests on the wire.