...spent tinkering with my home machines in various ways (mostly upgrading and cleaning up stuff). I've been putting off a lot of coding
In the meantime:
- There's an updated version of Python for the PSP, including a tutorial.
- I tried to get the XMLTV CVS HEAD to work, only to find that it still relies on the (ultimately utterly unreliable) method of parsing this page.
- I've yet to use OmniGraffle Pro for anything serious (returning to work after vacation kind of took the shine off things), but I find it as good as this review puts it (via Gruber), and more. In the meantime, I've been going through all my Visio stuff and saving it in XML format - for the future.
- Simon writes about the new Yahoo Maps APIs.
- Stumbled across Jaws and spent quite a while hunting and pecking through the screenshots - it looks pretty good, but no idea if it's coded right.
- Tim lists the ways to run emacs on Mac OS X (no, I'm not switching from vim, but I've been known to use emacs on occasion, and the quote from In The Beginning... is exquisite).