- People are motivated by change, sustained by leadership, and comforted by consistency. However, in any random working group, you will only get two out of three.
- If you cannot see beyond your immediate assignments, you cannot delegate beyond your immediate needs. In a nutshell, you should know the whole picture.
- The most common consequence of a committee decision is a follow-up meeting to establish precisely what everyone is agreeing upon.
- The most common consequence of an individual decision is that something actually gets done.
- Committee decisions are self-perpetuating. Individual decisions are self-motivating.
There should be a train of thought behind these, but at the moment it escapes me.