In an effort to keep my mind off yesterday's discovery, here are five things that regularly crop up whenever a small bunch of telco geeks meets and reaches critical mass:
- vim vs emacs (the Editor World Wars)
- TCP/IP vs ATM (also known as "Packet-Switched versus Circuit-Switched: The Sequel")
- Fedora vs Ubuntu (also known as "RedHat vs Debian: The Sequel")
- Gnome vs KDE (also known as "we do GUIs" vs "we do eye candy")
- Four-space indenting vs Two-space indenting (the One Indenting To Rule Them All thing)
I guess there are plenty more. So, let's try to kick off a meme, shall we?
List five similar (geek) issues you come across every other day, and add these instructions plus:
- A link back to this post
- A link to another site (if any) where you picked up the meme.
That way people can keep track of them all, and follow it back to the source.