- Great Real-Life Design - IM'd to me sometime in the recent past.
- Avi Flax (hi!) sent me a link to a rather nice Macally Presentation Controller as a response to my Sunday post:
- A good reason not to run Mac OS X as an admin user - at least it limits the likely damage (more tips).
Nevertheless, it looks like Intego is not acting in a very responsible fashion - you be the judge. My opinion? It's not a credible threat (as seen on Wired, by the way), but you'll see it paraded by the whole press during the next couple of months.
Coincidence or not, companies are rushing to fill your Mac with crap to fight other (unexistent) crap.
- It's Official, you can now crack LEAP with a mouse click. Not that it was particularly hard before (you just needed time), and that Cisco's reply looks convincing... But then, even changing to 802.1X isn't enough unless you use something stronger than PEAP.
- Ricochet is back. The original Ricochet went under a while back, but the concept seems to be back. Nevertheless, there are some dumb ideas about targeted advertising already. Expect them to tank too.
- SMS takes off in the US (finally).
- RIM is making a bundle. I wonder how long it will take for a real competitor to emerge.
And now the most vocal of those competitors, Sun, is out of the game completely, saying only nice-nice about Microsoft from here forward.
A billion to Real and another to Apple, and Microsoft will have silenced all of its victims, bolstering its European legal appeal and making the EU look stupid in the process. You heard it here first.