Setting the default event duration
defaults write com.apple.iCal 'Default duration in minutes for new event' 30
Enabling the debug menu
defaults write com.apple.iCal IncludeDebugMenu 1
This allows you to, among other things, change the number of days displayed in the week view.
- Using the mouse scroll wheel with Alt/Option held down changes the visible time scale.
The following cover not only iCal itself but other calendaring applications - since most people visiting this page are looking for ways to migrate or integrate with them:
- RemoteCalendars, an Outlook plugin for subscribing to published calendars.
- Outlook2VCal - exports Outlook data to a single vCalendar file
- iAppoint - exports Outlook data to .ics.
- Mozilla Sunbird
- Fun With Calendars
- iWebCal (a PHP viewer for .ics files)
- iCalibrate (CAM for iCal)
- iCal calling iTunes
- RSSiCal (RSS import)
- Enabling Outlook Users to view iCal Invitations