Subject: Your Path account
From: REDACTED <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 17:08:53 -0800

Hi Rui!

We read your blog and wanted to get back to you! We are sorry you had this
experience after emailing us and getting back a response. Us here at the
Path User Relations team take our interactions with our users very
seriously and make sure to address everything and get back to people as
much as we can.

Understandably, during the contacts situation we received a sizable number
of emails from our users asking for us to close their accounts. We worked
day and night to get through all of them and make sure all were addressed.
I truly apologize that we sent you an email without deleting your account
appropriately - but after a night of constant emailing, human error is
bound to occur on some occasions. I apologize that this was the case with
your account.

As for emailing you to your other email address - when we receive emails
from users and cannot find them in our user database through their email
account we search by the name that appears next to their email address. I
am guessing that this is how we were able to find you. We are aware that a
lot of our tech savvy users have more than one email account and sometimes
email us from a different one. Because of this, we try to get back to them
in any way that we can - especially when it is a sensitive issue - such as
account deactivation or password resetting.

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention and if you ever want
to delete your account feel free to email me personally. :) I hope you
start enjoying Path and please send any feedback our way.

Thanks for reaching out,

REDACTED

-- 
REDACTED | Path | [email-masked]