Interesting stuff made in Flash (which needs to be re-sorted into some more Wiki nodes):
- Adobe Media Gallery - now Open Source.
- Monoslideshow - simple and neat. Supports XML.
- SlideShowPro - the überviewer. Does it all, but requires you to have Flash for deployment (it's a Flash component, so your viewer will actually include this). Good XML support.
- AutoViewer, another very nice (if bandwidth-intensive) image viewer that can superimpose captions on images (haven't tested accented characters, but apparently some are not included in the embedded Flash font).
- Postcard Viewer - very simple, minimalist image viewer (apparently doesn't allow for changing some colors, so it's not usable against a white background).
- Simple Viewer - image viewer with rather too aggressive pre-loading. I'm using it for my photo album.
- Gum Blondes - amazing image viewer.
- Thumbnail Gallery