Changes made from MCU version 03.16 to version 04.39:
- Receiving and sending multiple MMS messages simultaneously - outgoing MMS handling in outbox improved.
- When MMS message is sent to email, attachments are shown in remote email client (dependant on email server)
- MMS client sends name suggestions for files in MMS, files appear now with .txt, .jpg, .smil, .amr instead of .dat (final appearance depends on used MMSC).
- Simultaneous usage with WAP improved, if MMS connection has been opened first.
- Phone can now handle SIM cards with abt. 100 SMS memory places.
- Authenticated SMTP connection is supported.
- Support for older SMTP handshaking improved.
- SIM/SIM ATK
- Improved functionality when using SIM ATK with Schlumberger SIM cards.
- Phone checks the captioned characters in Get Input-field before sending (e.g. "p", "w", "?").
- Improved returning to service if MS had lost service during active GPRS connection.
- Improved PDP context deactivation.
- When GPRS "when available" is activated and afterwards cell info is activated, message changed to "Cell info may not always be shown while GPRS connection is active".
- Improved WapGW response handling in case abort received from network.
- Used language is sent in WAP headers.
- Interoperability with CMG WapGW improved.
- Bluetooth server functionality improved when sending file during phone call.
- Obex disconnection handling improved when using credit base flow control.
- HTTP POST handling improved for Midlets.
- UTF-8 character encoding support in MIDP added.
- Java download handling improved when install notification is included in jad-file
- ALS support improved
- Call barring requests can be independently set up on line 1 or 2.
- CPHS Network Name Display support added.
- CSP removes Call Waiting setting item when needed.
- Home Zone support implementation updated.
- SIS installation includes now a version check. If Series60 installables with version information has not been updated, a warning note is displayed when installing SIS (full details from Forum Nokia).
- Image upload handling to Club Nokia improved.
- Current consumption optimisation (Light after Key-lock 15 s => 5 s, Ambient Light Sensor default setting to "Minimum").
- IMEI-SV identification value sent to network has been changed to 08 (with SW 03.16 it was 01).
- Russian: All T9 letters are appeared under correct buttons.
- Hungarian: Key mappings changed (key "4").
- Hungarian: Contacts, Find option recognises Hungarian 'double characters'.
- Czech: Phonebook, sorting order of Czech double character "ch" in the Phonebook Names list changed.
- Czech: Supplementary services: Missing word in call barring, General Settings: translations in call barring changed.
- Greek: language mapping changed in T9 dictionary.
- Greek: Alphabetical ordering changed.