- CentOS Installation Guide - requires a PC to format the hard disk.
- dePoPo - updated packages for the standard Cobalt distro.
- Open Cobalt Qube - ports of the web front-end
- Cobalt ROMs
- http://cobalt.iceblink.org - Kernel configs and packages for Debian and RedHat
- NetSolid - a commercial venture for continued Cobalt support, but without any visible output so far.
Thanks to brian99 on IRC (Gentoo-Cobalt-Dev, freenode), I found these:
It can be done - the question is how, and without opening the box.
- Unmount all but the / partition, copy needed files from /usr to /
- Unpack the gentoo tarball there, chroot in, install like normal
- Set the boot partition with the ROM tool (which apparently misbehaves in the 2.10 ROM)