This page lists events pertaining to the first generation device’s European launch in Q4’07. Please see the main page for more.
- T-Mobile may offer iPhone for discount, with contract – anyone care to guess at how slow sales are in Germany?
- iPhone boosts O2’s earnings, heads for Ireland – no specific sales numbers and a rather vague statement about iPhone users’ ARPU being roughly 30% above other users’…
- France’s first month 70,000 iPhone sales just a hair short
- First month French iPhone sales fall shy of target – 30K below a stated target of 100K, 48% to new subscribers, less than 3.5K unlocked (no wonder, given the price). More interesting is the curve implied: 30K in the first week and 40K in the three weeks afterward…
- Vodafone loses iPhone court case – but there were two weeks’ worth of unlocked devices in the market.
- T-Mobile can sell iPhone with contract-German court
- iPhone bombs in the UK? – more mentions of the aforesaid figure of 26500 units.
- Orange iPhone plan details revealed – “le unlocked” premium to be only €100. This is going to be fun to watch.
- O2 has Wigan-sized iPhone problem – unsubstantiated claims of 26500 units sold in the UK.
- Poll confirms Brits believe Jesus Phone salvation too costly – I’ll have to look up the pollster to figure out more, but the bit about the UK market being substantially more sophisticated than the US’ is, well… pretty darn obvious.
- T-Mobile says to sell iPhone without contract – at €999 a pop.
- iPhone Verkauf 20/11 (translation) – in response to the injunction.
- Vodafone Germany obtains restraining order against T-Mobile iPhone sales – mostly the same thing as the news, but with some pointless fluff around it
- Vodafone Gets Restraining Order On T-Mobile’s iPhone Sales – more actual news
- Vodafone unit wins court injunction – the actual news
- T-Mobile Germany: Will we be able to meet iPhone demand? No one knows! – ah, the hype begins.
- Who’s afraid of the iPhone? – An uncharacteristically fluffy piece by the BBC, prior to the Nov 9th launch in the UK.
- “O2 opens dictionary, looks up definition of “unlimited iPhone data
- ‘Unlimited’ iPhone data plans on T-Mobile, O2 and Orange not so unlimited
- T-Mobile’s German iPhone plans soar to new heights – the tariff plans emerge.
- Apple announces iPhone launch in France: November 29 – like, was there any doubt?
- Apple and Orange views on iPhone deal are like apples and oranges – despite the content being reasonably accurate, Ars keeps on going a bit overboard with news like this.
- iPhone faces uncertain future in France – Ars inflates a mater a bit.
- O2 spending big bucks on iPhone advertising – actually, just under 20 million UKP. Some perspective required.
- Apple press release – does not detail the exclusivity period.
- Apple announces iPhone availability in United Kingdom – good coverage, details pricing, fair use policy (the 1400 page limit has got to be an estimate, it’s an unrealistic unit of measurement), and O2’s expansion of data plans to cover existing users.
- Hands-on with the O2 iPhone – where we can verify that T-Mobile’s EDGE coverage is better than O2’s stated goal of 30% overall coverage, at least inside the Apple store.
- Apple iPhone hits O2 in the UK on November 9th
- Carphone Warehouse page with more details.
- No, the UK iPhone isn’t a 3G surprise; it’s the EDGE product as predicted
- O2 iPhone page
- O2 reportedly paying through the nose for iPhone deal
- O2 apparently locks up UK iPhone deal, pays through nose