Stuff that popped up on my radar while I was by the pool:
- There’s an Apple patent afoot for a multi-touch mouse that strikes me as being a whole lot more feasible than slapping touch screens on iMacs. Still, in the spirit of many Apple rumors, I can’t help but wonder if Apple isn’t a fifth column for an alien invasion or something – this mouse would probably look a lot like the Asgard pucks they slid across their consoles in the TV series…
- iPhone Remote (via Gruber) looks like a pretty neat app. Looking at the source reminds me of my old hacks, but done in proper style.
- Bruno beats his iPod back to life (and muses about the realities of local support in between).
- Boy, am I glad I skipped the 10.4.10 update.
- Perian 1.0 is out for real, and VisualHub seems to have been updated with… wait… iPhone support.
Boy, am I getting tired of the thing. Regardless of the fresh rumors that it’s hit the million mark and how amazingly well designed the user experience is, I have to keep reminding myself that it’s just a phone.
Incidentally (while on the topic of phones) I’m becoming a big fan of the Gmail mobile client and have reached a sort of agreement with the Opera Mini 4 beta – I don’t expect navigation on it to behave like I want it to, and it surprises me by rendering pages really well.
There’s hope for it yet.