Tired. Got a bunch of stuff to do (including re-visiting one of our pet "what if" projects that has suddenly become a lot more feasible), so I don't have much time to tinker with the site.
- Mac OS X 10.4.7 is out. FINALLY, Mail.app supports SOCKS. More on this later, but so far there does not seem to be any trace of IMAP IDLE support (at least not from a cursory tcpdump).
- todo.txt, the ultimate minimalist GTD (via pfig, who changes GTD solutions more often than he cares to admit).
- Why is it that I only read about MacBooks (Pro or otherwise) when something bad happens?
- The 8707v is now available in Portugal. I've been using a prototype for months (as both my only phone and a travel modem), and it rocks. No matter how many Windows Mobile devices I try to use, I keep going back to the Blackberry for its excellent UI (it is far more usable and functional than anything else) and great reliability. Get one. Note that the modem only works under Windows at the moment - I have no idea about Mac support for that, although I managed to sync mine with my iBook once.
- Mark Pilgrim may have moved to Ubuntu, but he kept his sense of humor. Demonstrably so.