Here's my Xmas gift hint for your fellow geeks: Themed cookbooks, suited to each one's preferences (soups, pastas, veggie, spicy, etc.). There isn't a single engineer who expects getting a cookbook for Xmas, especially not on my floor (which has a 10-to-1 boys-to-girls ratio), so thinking "out of the box" paid off, if only to see the girls' laughter.
Much fun was had today. Little of interest in the news, though:
- The Mac OS X 10.3.7 update was recently rolled out - my aging 800MHz iBook feels smooth as silk, haven't updated my iMac yet.
- Here's something the idiots behind Web advertising should read: "...(users) transfer their dislike to the advertisers...""
- The idocy of the .mobi TLD. Between this and taxation, ICANN is bound to be getting a lot of flak in the coming months.
- More heralds of the death of WEP.
- Xmas presents from Apple.
- Some common sense on mobile content.
The weekend promises to be moderately calm, as I lounge around the house and enjoy having already made 99% of my Xmas shopping. Sadly, the iMac G5 I ordered won't make it for Xmas, but I was kind of expecting that already - it's kind of a local tradition for the local Apple distributor to come up short for the holiday season.