It looks like we're going to have passable weather this weekend. And I just realized that despite this being a 4-day work week here, it was tiresome as hell.
- CacheLogic's analysis (which I blogged about earlier) has finally hit mainstream news. I was kind of wondering when and how that would happen and the spin it would be given. Well, now we know. Expect another Napster-like witchhunt to follow.
- Still on the torrent theme, Fedora Core 3 is scheduled to be out this weekend. I hope using BitTorrent to get the ISO files is still legal by Monday, especially since DVD installs are so much more practical.
- Xen popped up on the radar again. It's not as flexible as VMware, but hosting companies might have a lot of uses for it.
- Jakub maintains his impeccable taste in pixels, even if I find the aspect ratio of his document icons a bit odd (I'm used to narrower document icons).
- Moving from useful eye candy to useless bloated eyesores, Slashdot finally wised up to the (almost year-old news) that Konfabulator is going to be ported to Windows. Which reminds me - my copy has been taking up hard disk space. There, flushed it. Oh, and Gruber had this piece on it earlier - I fully expect some sort of follow up to surface sometime, since he's on the ball regarding this one.
- More Flashy stuff - Russell has taken upon himself to explain precisely why Flash Lite has managed to become even less useful than MIDP for moblie apps. David is going to have a field day with this one, since he's a staunch supporter of SVG and we've been debating which of these technologies is better for the mobile space for ages now. I'll be checking these out on my V800, though.
- A short note on phones: I diddled around with a Nokia/6630 (again) for the past 24 hours. I continue to be underwhelmed by the Series 60's creeping "unusability" and multiple unfathomable menu levels, even though the built-in video editor (which can generate little movies by adding funky transitions to photos) is extremely neat. Neat. Hmmm. Not useful, neat. I gotta rephrase this sometime, but you get my point.
I meant the paws, obviously.