The Java 1.4.1 update adds the following enhancements:
- Improved Java applet support for Applications/Safari and other web browsers that support the Java Internet Plug-In
- Up-to-date with the latest Java release from Sun, with hundreds of new features, including built-in support for XML-based web services, enhanced client functionality, and improved performance and reliability.
- Java applications take better advantage of Aqua and Quartz Extreme.
- Java applications now fully leverage the built-in Universal Access features of Mac OS X v10.2.
- Java applications can now be controlled through AppleScript, via the new UI Scripting technology.